SRSS Addon: Kiosk Mode Generic Session
From Sun Ray User Group Wiki
This SRSS 4.0 Addon creates a generic X server canvas for running Kiosk applications. When the session starts, it takes any string entered in the Kiosk configuration "Arguments" field, and executes it.
This is useful for easily switching the session script, testing various script options, or for pointing at any previously created CAM script.
Generic Kiosk Session pulls files from /etc/opt/SUNWkio/prototypes/generic-session to use as templates in the Kiosk user home directory. If your script/application needs additional files/directories, they may be placed here, and all Kiosk sessions will have access to a copy of them.
Download and Install
- Current version is 0.3
- To install:
- cd into the package directory
- Run ./install.sh as root and follow directions
This Session type is provided by the following files
- /etc/opt/SUNWkio/sessions/generic.conf <-- The Session descriptor file
- /etc/opt/SUNWkio/sessions/generic/generic-session <-- Session script file
- /etc/opt/SUNWkio/prototypes/generic <-- directory for any prototypes needed