How To Section
From Sun Ray User Group Wiki
| Sun Ray User Group Wiki - Navigation
Unsupported OS Installation How Tos
- Sun Ray Server on Fedora Core 4
- Sun Ray Server Software 3.1.1 on Fedora Core 6
- SRSS-4.0-48_F7_linux-2.6.23 SRSS-4.0-48 (09/07) on Fedora 7 / x86_64 (using linux kernel 2.6.23.X)
- SRSS-4.0_F8_Linux SRSS-4.0 (09/07) on Fedora 8 / i386
- SRSS-4.0_F8_x86_64 SRSS-4.0 (09/07) on Fedora 8 / x86_64
- SRSS-4.1-(10/08) on Fedora 8 see Instructions Sun Ray Server Software 3.1.1 on Fedora Core 6
Linux kernel module patches
Sizing the Servers
SRSS on Linux: Getting sound to work
- Instructions to get Sound to work (works with CentOS and RHEL; might work for other distributions too)
Provisioning and Firmware Management
- Different options for firmware management and server selection
Follow Me Printing
Kiosk Mode Generic Session
Sun Ray Connector Lockscreen
Sun Ray application-selection framework: utselector
Make dtlock within CDE x11vnc friendly
Smartcard Config Files
Media:AustrianECard.cfg.tar.gz: Version 0.18; includes support for cards released in 2010.
Performance Improvement How Tos
Performance Monitoring with Simple System Monitoring Application (Canary)
- SSMA is an incredibly useful tool for performance monitoring, capacity planning and problem analysis of Sun Ray (and other) servers. SSMA gathers system data on a regular basis creating an invaluable system resource and performance profile for your servers.
- The original work for SSMA came from a Sun internal tool called Canary. The previous project owner, Sean Meighan, was instrumental in making this project a reality.
Kiosk Mode Performance
Characterising Sun Ray™ Thin Client Performance
- Paper by Richard Smith
Boost WAN Performance
- Try forcing compression from your .params file and boost your WAN performance (version 4.1+)!
Windows Interop How Tos
Windows Based Terminals
- Using Sun Ray Connector for Windows (See RDP)
- Using the Virtual Desktop Access Kit for VMware - VDA Cookbook
- Using Citrix Presentation Server
- Using Rdesktop
- Utaction like functionality for Windows Terminal Server using ReconnACT!
- Setting DPI for RDP sessions.
- Lock Screen on Card removal How To and Update 1 and Update 2
- Sending passwords through the Sun Ray Connector
- Citrix How Tos.
Other How Tos and Tools
- Poor Man's VDI
- Remote Control Sun Ray Session with SGD
- Meta-Kiosk: How to run multiple different types of kiosk modes on a Sun Ray Server
- Using Webcams
- Sun Rays Behind firewalls.
- Configuring DHCP on a Windows Server
- Using non-standard keyboards.
- Windows scalability testing.
- Sun Ray as a Digital Audio Player - plus How To
- Jumpstarting Sun Ray Sotware 4
- Terminating Idle Sun Ray Sessions with xautolock
- Sun Ray USB Thumb Drive GUI Tool (utthumb)
- How To Lock Registered Smart Cards to Users.